Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tuesday Trigger - Type Hype

I'm kind of glad the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger was a two weeker - I love the inspiration picture. Finding time this week has been hard, but I really think taking a few minutes to play has helped me focus and breath as we prepare for a very busy weekend.




Who doesn't love manual typewriters? True story, or, as dear husband would say "no word of lie", I saw a gentleman sitting in Starbucks pecking away on a manual typewriter!?

This Tuesday Trigger typewriter is a little older looking than the one I learned on and much younger than the image in the stamp I used.



I used the My Favorite Things Just My Type stamp and die set for the main body of the card. The paper is partly adhered with foam squares so that it pops out of the typewriter a bit.

The sentiments along the border are made using the Making Memories Rummage magnetic alphabet stamp set. It is amazing how often I pull this out!

You could say I was inspired in many ways by this Trigger - the typewriter, the color palette, the juxtaposition of an old form of communication and a new (the evolution of the typewriter?).

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


8 comments:

  1. Cute! I learned to type on an electric typewriter, one of the very first kinds of electric, that was mostly still manual... At home we had an old manual typewriter that I used for school reports and such - and a few letters did not type! I was in my 2nd year of college before I used a computer - with WordStar software! Ancient days. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love the warning on the paper in the typewriter! Ha ha, that's fun! Wishing you a lovely day!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card- Jacquie! I just love the phrase-always makes me chuckle! these typewriter stampsets are so fun-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacquie,
    I love your card! My parents used to have a typewriter like that, I learned to type on that thing! I think I did my first research paper on it. I would definitely have to LOL if I walked into Starbucks and saw someone actually using one today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the sentiment on this card...I think I need to "borrow that"...don't make me use ALL CAPS...it just makes me chuckle...

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!