Friday, December 11, 2015

RIC#97 + HLS December CAS + Seize the Birthday

Today I managed to make a birthday card, just not sure it is suitable for the soon-to-be 17 year old boy who is supposed to be getting one tomorrow. I thought I missed the deadline for the Runway Inspired Challenge #97 and was pleasantly surprised to see I had a couple more hours to enter a card.




The trim on the Tory Burch dress instantly made me think of Mexican Papel Picado banners with their intricate cut-outs. I tried to replicate that idea with an MFT stitched flag die cut that was partially die cut with a MB Piestra Tile border die. The flags are inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and strung over a Salty Ocean inked panel. The sentiment is from PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Birthday stamp set.

I'm also linking this card to the Happy Little Stampers December CAS Challenge to use a favorite technique (partial die cutting) and Seize the Birthday in the Anything Goes category.





It looks like I will be heading back to my desk late tonight to work on something a little more masculine.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

10 comments:

  1. Love The colours and the way you used the intricate die cut inside the banners. Well done, wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic birthday card. I think that the colors are definitely masculine enough, and he never needs to know about the high fashion dress that inspired the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquie, you pulled it off, I agree with Joyce about him not needing to know where the inspiration came from...but wow, those banners are sure clever! Great idea to use them this way! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I love the colors and your inspiration!

    Toni
    HLS CAS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the banners, Jacquie, and the colors are bright and cheerful. They're great for a masculine card but a 17 year old might not think so. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got your card uploaded in time! I love the bright orange banner you created on your project. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great use of the inspiration Jacquie!
    I love those banners!
    Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so cool!! Such a perfect masculine card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pennants! Great colours too. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool .... great colours! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!