Saturday, December 5, 2015

Craft Hoarders Anonymous December 2015 Blog Hop

Welcome to the 
Craft Hoarders Anonymous December 2015 Blog Hop!





You should be coming to my blog from Pam's blog, Scrapbook Flair. After visiting me, head over to Glenda's blog, MagPie's Corner. To start at the beginning of the Blog Hop, and for a full list of participants, head over to Gloria's Scraps of Life blog. 




A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking a class from Paula Cheney at a local scrapbook store. I didn't have time to take her second class and was thrilled when I realized I could buy the kit. Paula's Merry & Bright project is full of wonderful bits & pieces that are used to create ornaments to hang on a Tim Holtz Clip Carousel. What does this have to do with a Blog Hop designed to help us used our hoarded supplies? Well, these two little corked dome snowglobes in the kit completely inspired me to dig into a basket of Christmas bits and pieces, some Tim Holtz and some from other companies.




These first two pieces are Paula's designs from the kit - how adorable is this glitter little deer! 




My biggest challenge was figuring out what I could use from my stash instead of the ring fasteners on the top of corked domes to attach the swivel clasps and the screw eyes attaching charms to the cork stoppers.




I pulled out a few jewelry making pins, beads and pearls and adhered them together with Glossy Accents. Don't you love how the center of my glitter tape provides the perfect spot for them to sit and dry?




Once the pins were dry, I cut off the excess and adhered the beads to the top of the globes. With some, a red sequin is adhered first and then the bead added. I have never been disappointed with Glossy Accents' ability to adhere to anything.




The larger globes all have a Memory Box die cut deer inside the dome and a jingle bell dangling below.




For the smaller domes, the pin is pushed through the cork stopper and was easy to bend into a loop to hold a dangling charm.




This tiny bottle brush tree fit perfectly in the dome, so I followed the same steps used for the larger domes to make this one.




The swivel clasps all have a Christmas Muse token attached and a line of tinsel twine helps hide the point where the cork and dome are adhered.

Thanks for making it throught this long post. If you want to check out Paula's kit, she mentions at the bottom of this blog post that a few are still available.

It's time to keep hopping and head over to Glenda's wonderful creation at her blog, Magpie's Corner.  If you want to start the hop from the beginning, or look at the full lost of participants, head over to Gloria Stengel's Scraps of Life.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


14 comments:

  1. Can I send you my address and you can go ahead and send these to me! These are adorable and I will be checking out the link for the makings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great !!!!!!
    Love it very much !
    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness...these are FUN! Love the idea and you carried it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are sooo cool!!! LOVE your fun decor piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I knew you'd have to dig into your stash and alter that kit! hee hee Those domes turned out fabtastic! I really want to try making one...can you come over and play??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, LOVE these Jacquie!! I wish I could have taken the class with you. I may have some of the domes. Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable mobile, and I love how you continued to embellish those domes after you used up the kit. It is always fun to go through your stash and find really cool embellishments and discover that they work so well. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project, Jacquie! Love each little ornament your created to hand on the TH carousel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is darling . I love the little deer one. Really reminds me of a snowy day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute idea, love it!!! I actually found one of these small domes today while I was putting things away...hmmm....think I may have to create one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These tiny masterpieces are just exquisite!!! LOVE!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those ornaments are wonderful, Jacquie. I make ornaments for my grandkids every year and am running out of ideas. This may be my next year's project.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!