Thursday, December 10, 2015

CASology Week 176: Tree + HLS Favorite Technique

Every year I plan to have my Christmas cards in the mail by December 1st, the house decorated, shopping done and baking underway so I can relax and enjoy the season. It's good to have goals, right?

Today I was supposed to be making birthday cards for my son (yes, we also have a December birthday on the calendar) but somehow ended up with another Christmas card.




This card was inspired by the  CASology Week 176: Tree and the Happy Little Stampers December CAS Challege: Favorite Technique. I actually used two favorite techniques on this card. First the Poppystamps Boddington Tree Border is die cut from a white panel, the panel trimmed and the die cut inset back into place (favorite technique number one). Before this piece is mounted with foam adhesive on the aqua card base the sentiment from an older MFT Inspired By Christmas stamp set is selectively stamped in two colors (favorite technique number two).


        


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful die cut Jacquie and your inlaid work perfect! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAH! I just 'didn't' buy this set again. (I was scrolling through MB dies somewhere, stopped at this one and convinced myself I didn't need it!) That was a mistake, because this is gorgeous! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jacquie. LOVE the white with the soft blue ... so soft and delicate. Great techniques ... thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of little pieces to put back in but it's worth it, Jacquie, and I love the word 'peace' stamped in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We asked for a tree and you gave us a forest. How awesome is that. Love your snowy, die cut trees. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOve your forest!!! And I did indulge myself with a Poppy die of my own, Jacquie! I do love your sentiment, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous die cuts and colours! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!