Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Make It Monday #143 : Modern Whimsy Style + Simon Says+ Festive Friday: Peace

I'm not sure I mastered the whimsical part of the Modern Whimsy Style challenge from Danielle Flanders at Capture the Moment this week - you can check out her tutorial here.

I did have fun and think this could be the basis for the bulk of my Christmas cards this year.



I started with the Peace One Liner die and trimmed the flags to fit under it. I then diecut the Tremendous Tags, Tiny Tags and ampersand to finish the sentiment.




The banner is strung on twine that is tied in a bow with a couple of bells hanging off the ends.

A dot of stickles covers the holes in the tiny heart and star tags.




I have a decent stash of Christmas papers and plan to knock out a few more of these tonight - I'd love to keep the jingle bells on the card, but will have to leave it off the ones that need to go in the mail.


Because Anything Goes at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog I am linking up with their challenge too and at Festive Friday the challenge is to revisit a previous challenge. I am linking this to the Peace Challenge.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


29 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh! I really like this! Love the colors too.! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just voted you won every challenge! Love the sweet banner hanging from the 'peace'. Wonderful mix of festive papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh, oh! I love how you did the banner from the Peace word, very clever...and the jingle bells, and the tiny tags. So much to love! :) Thank you for playing along!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on this technique. I watched the video and am still too intimidated to try. I love your little strung banner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!
    Love the color & design. The word is so nice . Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you captured the "whimsy!" Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card!! So festive and fabuous!! Love the colors and patterns you used and the design is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card, love the banner

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhh. How sweet! Love the tags beneath the `peace´.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacquie this is so pretty! I love how you used the twine to hang the rest of the sentiment on the tags and the addition of the bells is so sweet!! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...WOW...WOW...Jacquie, this is FABULOUS!
    I love the design, & all the lovely elements! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you captured the style beautifully! Love the little banner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You definitely did well. Loved the combination

    ReplyDelete
  14. It makes me happy to think of this card jingling along in the delivery and when it's opened! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Looking forward to seeing you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job on this style. I so want to try it and hope I have enough things that are whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness you wrapped this card in all kinds of lovely details and layers, Jacquie! What an eye you have for design! I love the wee bells!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jacquie, I love your interpretation of modern whimsy! Beautifully layered but not overdone. I love how you incorporated the elements from other challenges, too. This is one fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jacquie,I would say you mastered the whimsy ! I love your card! It's just so festive and fun! This looks like a lot of work to make more than one, but so adorable it will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those jingle bells are the perfect touch of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So Fabulous Jacquie! I really need to get those Tremendous Tags. Love it Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just gorgous Jacquie! So cheery & Christmasy! The bells are a fab touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely Christmas card, this is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving all the new cards on your blog. But had to comment on this one. I saw it on Pinterest and though now who made that fabbie layered card with some dies that I just purchased and have not taken out of the packaging??? And it was you who did! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Jacquie, you have definitely mastered the whimsy here! Your card is adorable and the string of 'words' is just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is simply gorgeous Jacquie! Love the layered banners and the jingle bells.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!