Friday, November 29, 2013

Muse + Festive Friday Snowflakes + Simon Says

It feels like forever since I posted a card, but my jingle bell series have been safely delivered to my sister and will add to the Christmas joy at her house next month.

I took advantage of my kids having this week off school to sneak in a quick visit to my parents (their being off school saves me from rearranging car pools & activities while gone). All I can say is aging is not for the weak - since I last saw my parents in August, the family house has been sold and care needs have separated them. Mom, with dementia, requires full-time care now but dad, at 84, is going strong and in a lovely retirement community.

Today I am avoiding the pre-decorating cleaning and catching up on some of the card challenges while my insane husband has taken the kids and headed to a mall or two.

The Muse Card Club has a wonderful card to inspire us this week from Lucy F.







I used a snowflake wreath die (ETA Sussex Snowflake die from Memory Box) to create a similar look to Lucy's card, layering the offset die cut back onto the panel it was cut from. I discarded the leftover center from the panel and backed the open space with a piece of vellum.

A Technique Tuesday sentiment is inked with MFT Berrylicious to finish the card.

I am also linking this card to the Festive Friday blog where for their final challenge of 2013 you can pick your favorite challenge from the past year. I didn't participate in this one the first time around, but am picking the Snowflake Challenge.


 


With Anything Goes at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog, I am also linking up there.


Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


20 comments:

  1. Wow...this is GORGEOUS! and I am calling winner too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - glad your father has settled in well and best wishes for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowflake card is beautiful! It sucks to get old, my parents are around that age too. Enjoy your time with them, as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very fabulous, jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I love where you've taken this! Very, very clever take on this week's Muse - thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Jacquie. This is absolutely gorgeous. I totally understand what you're gong through with you parents. Mine are 95 and 97, and so far still in their own home with caregivers coming in. I see changes almost every day and it breaks my heart. I'm glad your dad has found a community to be p art of. Believe me it's good for the mind and the soul. Prayers for you and them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is stunning! Methinks I spy a winner! Love the elegant snowflake and all the texture! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I like yours a lot more then the one I made for this challenge!!! You'll win for sure! This is just beautiful. What die did you use/what brand - Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica - the die I used is called Sussex Snowflake from Memory Box. I tend to pick up any MB die I see in real life & found this one while on vacation last summer in Vancouver.

      Delete
  9. Wowee this is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! Winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so pretty! Love the die cut on the embossed panel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just lovely! The embossing and softness from the vellum panels are perfect with the intricate snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful. That snowflake die is so intricate and I love it teamed with the big sentiment. Winner right there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card, such a beautiful way to use the snowflake wreath die.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!! Love the soft blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just knew this was a winner. Congratulations! I still think it is one of the most beautiful snowflakce cards I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my goodness! Jacquie, this is stunning! From reading the comments, it looks like you won....and rightfully so! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!