Wednesday, December 11, 2013

RIC#49 + Muse#47

Even though my poor little blog has been neglected this week, trust me, I am crafting up a storm. Most of what I have been working on is for our Christmas cards (which are almost all in the mail - yeah!) and not for any specific challenges.

I had to take a little break in the holiday madness to make a couple of birthday cards for my baby boy who turns 15 tomorrow. This card was inspired by the colors from RIC#49 and the die cut sentiment on the current Muse card from Therese Calvird.









The sentiment panel is popped up with foam adhesive, but looks a little flat in the photo.

These are a few of our Christmas cards - I really wanted to use some of the pretty holiday papers I have collected. The flags are mostly hand cut because it is so much faster than die cutting when working in bulk like this. The photo of these first two didn't make it out of the camera in time for last week's Merry Monday chalkboard challenge.




These cards are a modification of one I did last week for the Modern Whimsey MIM challenge. I didn't have the time or energy to make the banner, but love the extra dimension from the embossed panel.




Once we make it through this weekend, the worst of the preparation and holiday parties will be done for us and we can relax and enjoy the season a bit more. Hope you are having a great December!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

12 comments:

  1. I love this and wish I had such a variety of Christmas papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie, I LOVE your RIC/MUSE, so Awesome!!!
    .....And....I also think that there is a cool challenge that has been resurrected, the FUSION challenge, and your Christmas cards are PERFECT for it!!
    So I say to sashay on over there ti the Fusion Card Challenge Blog Jacquie and display your loveliness on their gallery!
    Hugz Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic combination of these two challenges! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are fabulous, what a great way to showcase your papers (I really must stop *hoarding* mine and get creating... then I can justify buying more right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! love those peace banner cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've been a busy bee :) Your holiday cards are fantastic! Your RIC card is AWESOME, I'm sure your son would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So CAS, so perfect!! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy girl! So many wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super simple and bold- love it! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards - fabulous designs! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card! So simple and so perfect! Thanks for joining us on Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!