Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #592

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #592!



The lovely sketch this week comes from our always inspiring Clean Team designer Cécile Ribon! I completely planned on going with a favorite theme of sailing into the sunset for a retirement card when the Kerri Bradford Canada Day stamp set derailed my plans.

Once I saw the circle element as an iconic Canadian red maple leaf, I couldn't unsee it and my challenge became figuring out what to use for the triangle element.




After playing around with a few mountain range images without success, I pulled out the Kerri Bradford Willow alphabet set to see if this thin, whimsical font could fit into the design and the card came together quite quickly. The dotted line breaking up the sentiments is from Lawn Fawn Deck the Halls stamp set.



I hope you check out the fabulous Clean Team designs and play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie




3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this card Jacquie! This is so perfect for Canada Day and suits the sketch to a tee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love that deep red and those stamps are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous! Such a perfect take on the sketch and the red, black and white colour scheme is so striking.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!