Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #591

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #591!


Not only is team member Jennifer Brum an amazing card designer, she is an avid hiker who shares her adventures in the Rockies regularly on social media. My fear of heights keeps me off steep, open mountain ridges but I do love getting in nature, especially if it involves a trail around a lake. My husband and I have been exploring the local lake and lagoon trails, so translating the sketch into lake hike view seemed a great idea for a Father's Day card.




A blue cardstock panel is cut first and then a few triangle "trees" in different sizes were cut from plain scraps of cardstock. I did cut the trees in a few shades of green but in the end decided to stick to one color and add texture to some using a Sizzix 3D Leaf embossing folder. The trees were adhered to form the center triangle from the sketch first and the bottom aqua "lake" was added for the bottom section. A simple MFT All About Dad sentiment finishes the design.



I hope you check out the beautiful Clean Team designs and play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


4 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful Jacquie! I just love the water/forest scene! The colour of that water reminds me of many lakes up here! I just love those trees! Love the texture and the stitching! The perfect Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe of how you created this fantastic scene with all those layered, embossed trees cut from triangle dies! I clearly see the sketch in your card and this turned out just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this Jacqui - your design is an inspired and creative take on this week's sketch for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a clever design and execution! So very clever!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!