Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #589

 Welcome to Freshly Make Sketches #589!


I will admit the sketch from the fabulously talented Linda Callahan had me a little stumped this week.  I was hung up on how to use the vertical panel. At the same time, I have been mulling over what to do for a graduation card for my son. I have limited supplies that are specific for graduation and none were really speaking to me. I honestly can't believe how long it took me to see the cap and scroll possibilities in the sketch, but once I saw it, the card came together very quickly.




The scroll was created first, using a Spellbinders Wonky Rectangle die to get the curved shape, and then I decided on the size of the simple square for the mortar board. The scroll is adhered over it at a slight so you can see the black brad attaching the tassel made with floss using the University of California at San Diego colors.

For a bit more interest, a faux embossing technique is used on the panel. The white cap dies were adhered randomly before the panel was cut to size for the card.

A simple piece of silk ribbon and PTI Wet Paint III die cut stacked in three colors finishes the design.



I hope you check out the amazing Clean Team designs and play along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


8 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous take on the sketch! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This my friend is a work of art! Beautifully done - great texture and fabulous layers! Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so fabulous Jacquie! I love that grad cap and tassel! Such a creative idea! I might be stealing this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous grad card and what a great use of the sketch! Not only do I love how you used different elements to make the cap and tassel, but using the die-cuts to create a background is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a clever take on the sketch! Your grad cap background is the perfect touch and I love that tassel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic graduation card! Your solution to the sketch is so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is one awesomely detailed fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an absolutely brilliant take on the sketch, Jacquie! And a fabulous graduation card! I'm totally in love!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!