Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #593

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #593!


The fabulous sketch this week comes from our super talented designer, Karren Johnson. When she mentioned being inspired by a Jennifer Mcquire bridge card I had to check it out for myself. I was completely sucked into the possibilities and ended up with more of a landscape orientation for my design.





Instead of stenciling and foiling a panel, I flipped through paper pads until I found a summer theme from a 2015 Fancy Pants pad that worked for an idea brewing. The card base is a 8" x 4 ¼" and scored at 1¼, 2½, 5½ and 6¾. The flip flop paper is trimmed to fit on the right and left flaps and the back panel.

Popsicles were created using the MFT Mini Cafe All Day cup die and a partially cut Slimline Starter die provided the perfect stick. The sticks are cut from thin wood and the cups made from two layers and adhered to a base for extra stability. Before they were adhered the Ellen Hutson Say Cool sentiment was heat embossed across the center three.




Thanks for introducing me to a fun technique, Karren!

I hope you check out the amazing Clean Team designs and play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie





6 comments:

  1. Great card !!!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a genius girl! I love the flip flop backdrop and the popsicles are amazing! Perfect summery card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO fun!! LOVE your row of popsicles (or upside down cup!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jacquie! I so appreciate you stopping by, I HAD to return the favor - or should I say FLAVOR - my kids used to make paper cup popsicles with leftover DILL PICKLE JUICE!! They were almost as cute as yours! x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super summery card! I love the flip flops and popsicles! And I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bridge card is fabulous! This row of popsicles looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!