Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #590

Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #590!


 

I love the versatility of the Clean Team designer Kim Singdahlsen's fabulous sketch this week! My first thought was to do something with a trio of sentiment strips, my second thought was a layer cake, and my third thought was to combine the two ideas.

PTI Your Beautiful Birthday stamp set provided the sentiment and images to create the cake. The sentiment, cake plate and candle flame are embossed with Ranger's Gold embossing powder first and then the cake layers and candles added in shades of pink.




Several layers of MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frame die cuts in white and a couple shades of pink are adhered together with a transparency piece between the top two layers to create a shaker box. Sequins and confetti are added before the stamped panel seals them in place.



I hope you check out the amazing Clean Team designs at Freshly Made Sketches and play along with us this week!

I'm adding this card to the Seize The Birthday #263 challenge in their Anything Goes category.



Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


6 comments:

  1. What a fun combination of "ideas"!! I love the stripes AND the sentiment on your layer cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just gorgeous Jacquie! That cake is perfect for those layers and turning it into a shaker card is amazing! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! I love how the two ideas have combined - love the cake + sentiment on this card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge with this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such fun for a birthday! The layer cake is perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun celebration card! I love the font of that sentiment. I just got a Unity layered cake and can't wait to ink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cake is brilliant for the sketch. Love the gold and the watercolor look.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!