Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #588

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #588!

I still had a few summer stamps and dies on my desk when I saw the terrific sketch from Jen Mitchell this week. To tell the truth, our normal SoCal weather has been so dreary that I am missing my happy place and wave therapy, so living through these images until our sun decides to return.




An MFT cloud stencil and blue inks were used to create the gentle ocean waves on half of a cream panel, leaving the uncolored part to play the role of the sandy beach. An older MFT umbrella die is decked out in rainbow colors and popped up over the MFT Life's A Beach sentiment.



I hope you check out the fabulous Clean Team designs and play along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie





6 comments:

  1. ahhh...This fabulous card makes me long for the beach. I hope sunny days are in your near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie this card is amazing! Your smart thinking to use the clouds stencil to make waves in the water--well done, so well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this card Jacquie! It's so bright and cheery and fun! I absolutely love that umbrella and the waves! Makes me want to take a trip to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally hear you with the dreary weather. It really affects our mood. But I'm so happy you put this happy card together. The colorful umbrella is perfect and I love your ocean waves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun at the beach! Delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beach scene is fabulous and the rainbow umbrella is wonderful! Great use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!