Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Muse + Colour Q and Make It Monday

Why is it that some cards come together super fast and every time you look at them you think "I really like that", and others really don't work the way you envisioned?

This first card is one of those fast & easy ones.





I replaced the flowers with butterflies and made a birthday card sticking very close to Virginia's design. The color palette is from Colour Q Challenge #186.


This card is also being entered in the Simon Says . . . Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp this week.

This second card is for the Make It Monday #113: Perfect Pearls Challenge. You can see Nichole Heady's tutorial here and join in the fun.



Oh my, I went in twenty different directions with this challenge. Let's just say the recycle basket is a little fuller this morning. I might come back to some of the other ideas later in the week, but this card came about because I rescued the sentiment from another card by cutting it down to a small panel. 



It is very hard to have everything shine in one photo, but you can see here I was able to use multiple colors of Perfect Pearls on the one stamp. This was way easier than I thought it would be and even wiping off the excess powder didn't mess up the color separation.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


28 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous! Love the butterfly one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Muse card is absolutely beautiful. I love the butterflies and those great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that the first card was the easy one to do! You sure make it look effortless! I love your stamping of the butterflies! The colors are so vibrant and gorgeous! So glad that you join the fun with this week's MUSE challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butterflies are just beautiful! I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE your Muse card Jacquie - so FAB when a card comes together quickly, especially when it ends up this gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your pretty butterfly card its gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely take on Virginia's card, Jacquie! Love your butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute. You did a great job. I love the butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two super cards. I especially like the butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the depth you achieved in your take on this week's Muse. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both gorgeous cards, your stamping of the butterflies is stunning and such beautiful colours!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like both cards. I love the color palette on the butterfly card, and the streamers really shine on the second. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your stamping and colors on the first card, Jacquie! It's gorgeous! And an interesting idea to color different portions of the sentiment with the pearls on your last card. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you used butterflies instead of flowers! I thought of trying that but ended up with flowers. Beautiful use of the Perfect Pearls on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your shiny card sure looks beautiful to me, Jacquie! Sorry you had so much trouble with it. Your CASE of Virginia's MUSE card is stunning and pinned!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacquie, your Muse card is so pretty! Your perfect pearls card is shiny loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the butterflies, Jacquie, the stamping is gorgeous! thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really fun card, thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week! I have candy up for grabs on my blog, so please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your butterfly card for the Muse challenge! It is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards - Your Muse card is fantastic! Beautiful colours and butterflies!

    Lucy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this flock of butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Jacquie, your muse card is so bright and cheery. I love that you colored the rhinestones for CQ! Your pearlescent card is so very pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Muse card is so pretty. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  24. zYou got my vote - love your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your blog - you make fabulous cards. Your MIM challenge card has fab shine and your stamped butterflies are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really love the butterfly card. May I use it for some teenage girls at our Church. I think they will really like this and I have been looking for the perfect idea for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really love the butterfly card. May I use it for some teenage girls at our Church. I think they will really like this and I have been looking for the perfect idea for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love it. My grandaughter made a card inspired by your card.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!