Thursday, October 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink October 2018 Blog Hop

I'm slipping in near the end of the Papertrey Ink October 2018 Blog Hop with a card I made this afternoon.




With this quintessential fall scene for our inspiration, I decided to use the chalkboard technique and PTI's Autumn Hills stamp set to heat emboss a little scene in white on a black cardstock panel.




The leaves and pumpkins were colored in with a white Prismacolor pencil and then layered with shades of yellow, orange and red.




White ink is smudged around the edges of the panel before it is popped up on a Canyon Clay card base.

I'm off to check out the cards linked up this month! Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

12 comments:

  1. Oh, what a sweet stamp set to use on your card! And you really rock that chalkboard effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chalkboard back ground and I'm so glad you posted a close up so we could see the color on those sweet leaves and pumpkins. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--what a fabulous use of the inspiration! This is one great card, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to do a chalkboard technique

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your beautiful tree and that gorgeous blue background is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chalkboard technique here, Jacquie. Your card fits perfectly into the Fall Season :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquie, your chalkboard layer over the Canyon Clay base is a showstopper. Great job using your colored pencils, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chalkboard background.Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely blackboard technique card design! Your colors are so pretty inside the white embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely! I've had that set in my cart several times, and keep passing on it. Maybe I should get it back in there before it disappears! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacquie, I love how you used the chalkboard as your inspiration! You've designed a beautiful card with it. The black and orange are so striking. Love it. Thank you so much for the nice comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!