Saturday, March 21, 2015

Muse #109 + Curtain Call: Jelly Bean Challenge & The Challenge #27 + NBUS #4

It is a quiet Saturday night around here after everyone was running around in 20 different directions last night and for most of the day. Three of us are now home catching up on TV and surfing the internet while my husband is still trapped in the infield oval of the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana for the NASCAR races. Did you know they have RV camping in the middle of the race track?  Every time I talked to him today it was with the noise of cars racing in the background.

The quiet evening meant I had time to finish a couple of cards. I've been wanting to play along with The Challenge from Lesley Croghan for a while and was happy to find I haven't missed the deadline for The Challenge #27.




My translation of the sketch and colors is about as literal as you can get, but this pair of butterfly dies as been sitting on my desk forever, waiting to be used. How handy that Darnell is running a new Never Before Used Schtuff challenge, NBUS #4, starting today. I'm sure everyone reading here is already familiar with the delightful and generous Darnell, but if not please head over and say hi.


 


I tend to make top fold cards, but had a Smoky Shadow card base cut already. I love that this orientation gave me the opportunity to run my flags on the inside of the card.




This second card is inspired by the jelly bean colors from the Curtain Call: Match 15 Jelly Bean Challenge and the sweet little birdhouse image from Muse #109, which were morphed to create this thank you card.




The clouds and windows are touched up with Wink of Stella for a little shine and glitter.




With Stefan away until tomorrow I expect to get a little more crafting time before I have to put together his belated birthday dinner together. Steak, sushi and a blueberry cheesecake are on his wishlist.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful how you made this little house !
    Fabulous colors !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whimsy and 'Suess-ian' feel of your little house! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquie... you are amazing! Love them both... ditto Ardyth here!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Jacquie and I love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are fabulous, Jacquie! Love the embossed flag on the first card and the bright cheery colours of the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Jacquie. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beauties, Jacquie! I'll have to remember that bit about the side fold card allowing for the flags to flap the next time I want to put flags at the top of a card! You used your noggin!! I also like the whimsical and bright thank you card! You really rocked the challenges!!

    I hope you enjoyed the rest of your quiet crafty time before the hubby came home to dig into the scrumptious birthday meal!! Thank you for the kind words and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 fabulous cards. Love how colorful that house is, and how you continued the flags on to the inside of your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards always inspire me Jacquie!!!! The birthday dinner menu sounds delicious! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just perfection, Jacquie! I love the pretty and delicate butterfly in pink and the dark background. So happy you played along! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ......PS.......Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge and sharing your creativity. Please join us tomorrow for an extra fun special The Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jacquie both of your cards are so fabulous as they always are! Love the bold black with the butterfly--so classy! Thank you for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love your lacy butterfly die over the vellum! Magic!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!