Thursday, March 19, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #178 + Seize the Birthday

It was my dear husband's birthday yesterday and this is the card I made for him after my daughter snagged the one I'd made using Avery Elle's Surf's Up Volkswagen van image. I'd share a photo, but he always takes his cards to the office and it looks like it is gone already.

Along with a Porche and a Lamborghini, the Volkswagen bus is on his list of dream cars. He likes to horrifiy the kids every time we pass a particularly rundown one by asking if it has a For Sale sign.

The sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #178 was the starting point for my design, although I squared out the circle panel and move the banner in front for the sentiment.




The stamps & dies are all from PTI's On the Farm stamp set.




This card is also being linked to Seize the Birthday where there is always an Anything Goes option.



Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


11 comments:

  1. FABulous card!! Seriously this is just amazing, so fun and I love your sentiment on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Jacquie! I bet your hubby does too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, the sentiment on the vellum and that cow , great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little scene with that cow is over the moon Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is soooo cute, Jacquie!!! Love it!!! The embossed bg is lovely and I like the bright colours you have used for your stamping and the red matting!!!
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love punny cards, and I love the scene you've created with this card. Great masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I love the textured background and the punny sentiment is a hoot! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, I have always loved that stamp set, but never bought it. The sketch was perfect for this card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is this! Great job. Thanks so much for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card. Every time I see that cow, I smile.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!