Sunday, March 1, 2015

CTS112 + CASology 135: Mini & Muse #106 + Simon Says

The blog has been a little quiet as I abandoned the family last week to rendez-vous with a couple of friends in Los Angeles for an impromptu girls trip.  After a week of restaurants, shopping, museums and maid service I am having a hard time getting back into menu planning, laundry, carpooling and all the other mundane day-to-day stuff, but a package waiting on my desk has made the transition a little less painful.

I combined the CASology Week 135: Mini challenge with CAS(E) this Sketch #112 to make this card. I love the new Swoosh stamps and dies from PTI!




The Amy Tangerine paper with the mini print is cut with the Hello die before a second die cut is made from red cardstock and the two pieces nestled together.




My second card was inspired this card from Shona Chambers as the Guest Designer for Muse #106.




I love that the sentiment takes center stage and is surrounded by hearts and the silvery shimmer on Shona's card and used these elements to put together my card.




I watercolored a panel with pink & lilac paints before cutting it with the heart border die. The larger white heart was in my diecut basket, leftover from Valentine's Day, so I used it as a sentiment panel for the Technique Tuesday stamp.




A silver shimmer diecut "you" replaces the word on the stamp.

This card is also being entered in the Wednesday Stamp Challenge at Simon Says Stamp, where Anything Goes this week.


Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

17 comments:

  1. Great cards ! Love the first one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards Jacquie. I love how you used the hello die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the hello die and how you placed the heart on there and replaced the you with a die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jacquie, I've so enjoyed watching your fabulous girl's outing on Facebook... that must have been just grand. Well, so are these cards!! Love your 'waving hello' for our sketch this week, and your darling water colored hearts? such a sweet rendition of Shona's card at Muse! Thanks for playing cards at both challenges - I don't often get to say that!! =] =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool cards - I love that silver only partially attached "you" - that really gives your card that special little extra to make it shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are just wonderful. Especially love the way you used that die cut 'you' in the heart on your second card. What a fun trip it sounds like you had. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops--forgot to say thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that swooshy hello in red, Jacquie. I'm glad you had such a great vacation. It looked like lots of fun to me, even with all the paparazzi. ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that swoosh die cut! It really makes a great statement! Your heart card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the inlaid 'you' - what a clever idea to have it not completely inlaid! So great to see you at Muse this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No wonder your finding it hard getting back into the swing of things...what a wonderful time you had I bet!! Really love your CAS(E) this Sketch card, its beautifully put together and the patterned paper is so pretty. Your Muse card is spectacular!! I've so enjoyed seeing how people are inspired by something I made. I love the layout of your card, especially the 'you' overhanging the heart. Its fabulous and I'm so thankful you joined me at Muse this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your cards are so gorgeous!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology. Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete
  13. SWEET cards and awesomely done!! What fun and great styling each of your cards has!!!
    Taunya Butler
    daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds as if you had a lovely trip, Jacquie!!!!
    Oh, I love that cute hello on your CTS card and the sweet mini print paper is lovely!!! Love the bright red you choose to do the sentiment in!!!
    And your second card is a beauty, Jacquie!!! Love that pink/lilac strip of hearts and how you have done the heart with the sentiment is great!!! Beautiful card!!! Love it!!!
    Have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, these are both fabulous! I love how you used the new Swoosh dies for your first card -- great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful CAS cards Jacquie! They are all so elegant and gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful take on the sketch, Jacquie! I love the color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!