Saturday, September 7, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge #43 + CASology #60: Apple

With the kids back in school you would think I have a lot of time on my hands, but that just isn't the way it has been over the last couple of weeks. I am squeezing in little moments here and there and finally have two cards to share.

The first is for the Runway Inspired Challenge #43 where this cool ensemble provided the inspiration.





The black & white background, plus bold color and graphic lines were too much for me to pass without trying to come up with something.




I love the way this card came together. It started with the ribbon - I knew I had this scalloped ribbon in my stash and thought it would be perfect to mimic the white shirt. Pure white might have been a better match, but this ribbon was already tea-stained along the edges. As I was poking through my ribbon basket, I also spied the black gingham ribbon.

The MFT happy die and birthday stamped sentiment work to reinforce the clean lines of the inspiration image.

This second card is just going to make the CASolgy Challenge #60 deadline where the cue card is "apple".




As much as I believe in eating an apple a day, the first thing that comes to mind around our house when you say "apple" is iMac or MacBook or our beloved iPhones, so I created this quick CAS card.




I paired a Paper Smooches sentiment with a Simon Says Stamp Talk Bubble and the MFT camera die to make my phone. The Hawaiian Shores cardstock is pretty close to the color of my Otterbox case.

Hope you are having a great weekend - we spent a fun afternoon at the local Greek Festival and are tempted to go back tomorrow for more food, music & dancing.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



10 comments:

  1. Jacquie, you are so RIGHT! I also thought of all our beloved Apple products (iPods, iPads, iPhones, iMac)...would be good to own that stock right now! I love your colorful yet CAS design, so very clever and fun! Thanks for joining ust at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these cards rock, Jackie! I love ribbons on the first card and the big, bold sentiment. The second card is a brilliant take on the cue word! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! Very good - I was hoping someone would use an iPod/Pad etc. Clever take on this week's Cue Card and a lovely clean design! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both terrific. Very creative take on that CASology challenge. But, it is your RIC card that really knocked my socks off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are just amazing and your apple card is just too darn clever. Love your take on it, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love your take on the inspiration and the black and yellow with the gingham and tea stained ribbon! It is a gorgeous card! And your take on "apple" made me smile big! Both of these cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both AMAZING specially the RIC...you really captured the inspiration photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both AMAZING specially the RIC...you really captured the inspiration photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of the cards, for entirely different reasons. The RIC is spot on, and that scalloped ribbon is lovely. The apple card is just so cute it makes me giggle.

    Thanks for checking out my blog, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so neat- I love that bold cut sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!