Thursday, September 26, 2013

MIM #133 + MFW All That Glitters + SSS Anything Goes

I am really enjoying the Make It Monday #133: Create a Flocked Look With Dimensional Paste challenge from Danielle Flanders this week. You really should check out her tutorial at Capture the Moment and play along - I'm finding it kind of addictive!

A Quatrefoil cover plate stencil and Golden Light Molding Paste create the raised design.



Before removing the stencil, gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine was sprayed over the whole panel. Why yes my friends, I spray misted! I did leave the panel alone for the color to set a bit, but needed to remove the stencil before the molding paste set.

I was thrilled to have a pretty clean panel when the stencil came off - there was a little bit of color bleed in the top right corner, but that was it.




I love the color variation as the Color Shine settled in the nooks & crannies of the molding paste.

A gold shimmer cardstock ampersand and sentiments from the PTI Grand Ampersand Stamp set finish off the card.

This card is also being linked to Cath's All That Glitters is Gold Challenge at Moxie Fab World and Simon Says Stamp where Simon Says . . . Anything Goes this week.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

13 comments:

  1. Hey, the spray worked! Good to know! I love it! And love the new PTI dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so Pretty Jacquie! Love all the gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the quatrefoil cover plate. The gold shimmer looks awesome, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card, fabulous gold spraying of the beautiful stencil - your colour scheme and panel sentiment are fabulous!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card. Lots of texture and shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love all that shimmery gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is beautiful! Love love love the gold, and your stenciling did come out perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant! I love the addition of the mist to the paste!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous. I really like how you used all that gold. Hey--did you snag any bargains at Gee Gee's. So sad that they are closing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty the gold mist really added some nice elegance
    Have a great weekend
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Great job using the technique. I had to try this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo, so pretty, Jackie! I love the clean design and how the gold spritz looks on the paste. Just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Gitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!