Monday, November 5, 2012

Square Punch + Masculine = CAS

I don't know if it is the time change, our weird weather, Homecoming weekend, all of the above or none of the above, but I had a really difficult time getting creative this weekend.

I had time yesterday, but decided to tackle a garden project instead. Today I don't feel motivated to finish that project, but wasn't feeling the crafty love either. Looking for inspiration, I wondered around the internet and spent a bit of time at Moxie Fab World. Cath has a few challenges out there, including one to use square punches.

The CAS-ual Friday challenge this week is to create something masculine.


CFC77-Create a new Clean And Simple masculine project.



I dusted off a 1 3/4" Marvy Uchida punch and pulled papers from the 7gypsies Postale pad. If I had thought this through a little more, I might not have used a stripe and grid pattern - you really have to be careful lining up the punch!




The plan was to make a kraft card base, but the grey cardstock was sitting on my desk from a project last week and I really liked the way it went with the patterned papers.

A sentiment from the PTI Daily Designs Sentiments set was inked with Memento Espresso Truffle. I love that this card could be used so many ways - thank you, sympathy or even a birthday greeting.

This has to be about the fastest, simplest card I have done in a long time, but I really, really like it!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this one too. Simple, yet so interesting, and perfect for a guy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great man card. Love the prints you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Jacquie! I love the papers you chose and the grey card base is perfect with them!
    :)Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful, handsome card...love the patterned squares and the layout...very cool!! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week and sharing your wonderful creativity:)!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!