Friday, November 9, 2012

MFTGUESTDT1112 Let's Celebrate!

Every month My Favorite Things has a Guest Design Team challenge that offers great prizes - check their blog here for details on the November challenge and head over to Splitcoast Stampers to join in the fun. This month the sketch really fits their new Peek-a-Boo Squared die, which I don't have.




As often happens when I see a sketch, the wheels start turning and before long I became obsessed with an idea. A little measuring and a couple of Nestabilities circle dies helped me configure a rough facsimile of the four circle die and I created this.





I stamped four different a la Modes on a square of white cardstock: The Rainbow Will Come, Birthday Girl, Miss You a Latte and Cheers. They are colored with Copics and paper pieced with papers from Teresa Collins Vintage Finds 6x6 pad.  Only The Rainbow Will Come required a bit of masking as I didn't want her holding an umbrella. 

At first, I just planned to pop the champagne glass out of a circle, but needed to hide the missing hand on the Rainbow girl. Once I placed the metal present out of the circle, I fussy cut the coffee cups as well. 




All the girls have a touch of glitter from a Spica gold glitter pen that I also used to color the ribbon & bow on the present.




A clear Spica glitter pen gives a bit of glow to the candle.

The sentiment is from the ALM Cheers set and stamped on a double cut flag from the Fishtail Flag Stax dies. A little piece of rickrack from my stash runs along the bottom of the main panel.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



7 comments:

  1. Nice! I love how they're all coming out through your 'port' holes! :) very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the stunning details, cute images, wonderful colors, everything is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card Jacquie~you really filled in the details. Lovely work with that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty card! I like all the details and the layout you did! Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! So adorable and the photos are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I just love all the details in the circles! Great job my dear! I hope you win!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!