Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches #651

Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #651!

Our super talented Clean Team leader, Jen Timko, is behind the fun asymmetrical sketch this week! I went through so many ideas and thought I'd settled on feathers and a sympathy card, when I came across the Papertrey Ink Leaf Silhouette dies (yup, I tag and use them as feathers as well as leaves) and switched to a masculine leaning birthday card.



The large die is cut several times to give me options for color blocking the finished leaf. An older PTI Birthday Bash sentiment is stamped on a piece of patterned paper, die cut and inked to blend better with the other colors. The design didn't feel finished until a few stitched leaves leftover from another project were layered under the large focal point leaf.



I hope you check out the fabulous Clean Team designs and play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

I'm linking this card to Seize the Birthday #290 challenge in the Anything Goes category.



Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


5 comments:

  1. I love your leaf collage! And what a great idea for a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these autumnal tones and all of that gorgeous texture, great masculine looking card. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These leaves are super cool and I love the colors. So ready for all things fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, Jacquie! The rich colors are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!