Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #575

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #575!


Although I would love to  use a flower or butterfly in the circle element of this fabulous sketch from Clean Team designer Karren Johnson this week, the next birthday card needed from me is for my darling husband. Anyone who knows Stefan, knows that he is fueled by coffee all day, every day, which made it easy to pull out coffee based sentiments and images.

What you may not know is that I have a thing for woodgrain anything and my favorite travel coffee mug is a sweet woodgrain design from Nespresso. When I saw this wood paper sitting in my stash I had to replicate my mug. The one Stefan is pretty much forbidden to use because of his track record for forgetting travel mugs while out and about.




The wood paper (yes, actual thin wood) is cut with a Hero Arts Coffee Cup die and the MFT Perk Up sentiment added. I am fine with the image not stamping crisply as it reminds of a burlap printed coffee bag. A green panel is embossed with a Sizzix/Tim Holtz embossing folder, the MFT Coffee Order sentiment stamped on a kraft panel and the travel cup popper up over them.




I hope you check out the Clean Team designs at Freshly Made Sketches and play along with us this week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



6 comments:

  1. Great card for your husband !!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is exactly what we love this hobby - such a perfect card for your husband with the all-day coffee AND the untouchable woodgrain mug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the woodgrain! and the embossed coffee cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this saying! And both of your woodgrain coffee cups look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that embossing folder! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so perfect! I love that cup and the texture. And that sentiment is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!