Tuesday, January 31, 2017

CASology Week 234: YOUTH

Welcome to Week 234 at CASology!




I am really curious to see where this Cue word takes you. Kitty Bee Designs is our sponsor this week and offered the Design Team a couple of adorable images to use on our cards. I choose to work with this sweet, sleeping ladybug which immediately made me think of welcoming a new baby.




This card is a bit of a happy experiment as I was surprised how well a watercoloring technique worked with a digital image. A lightweight watercolor paper went through my printer easily and multiple images were printed as I played with different mediums and colors. In the end, this red-headed lady bug was my favorite. The image is colored with a mix of Zig pens and Distress Inks and left to dry before die cut and the MFT sentiment added.




Check out the Design Team cards for more terrific inspiration!



Jacquie Southas (you are here)

Guest Designer: Lucie



We are looking forward to seeing how YOUTH inspires you -  just remember to keep it Clean & Simple! You have until Monday at noon (CMT) to link your card to the CASology blog. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is such a cute baby card, Jacquie! Beautiful watercoloring, and I love the arched panel and lovely font on your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so sweet !!!!!!
    great coloring to !

    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just about the cutest ladybug ever! Love that she's nestled under her leaf blankie, too. Your watercoloring is spot-on, too. What a darling card! Love it! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute Jacquie ! I love this adorable ladybug ! Your watercoloring is just stunning and what a gorgeous background ! Your card is absolutely CAS and so amazing, I love it ! thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute CAS design Jacquie and that image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacquie, this is fabulous! The coloring is so superb, I adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Jacquie! I loved this little sleeping bug too!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!