Tuesday, January 24, 2017

CASology Week 233: GLISTEN

Welcome to Week 233 at CASology!




We have a fun cue word this week that brings a variety of images ito mind. My first thought was glistening snow, and with Poppystamps sponsoring our challenge this week, I pulled out their large Laurette snowflake die for my card.




Wanting to highlight the glistening snow look of the white glitter paper, I went back and forth between a white or aqua card base, finally deciding I liked the contrast of the aqua for this card. A selectively stamped Mama Elephant sentiment in white ink finishes this card and allows flexibility in how I use it.




Check out the Design Team cards for more great ways to interpret GLISTEN on a card!



Jacquie Southas (you are here)


Sponsor: Poppystamps!


We are looking forward to seeing how GLISTEN inspires you -  just remember to keep it Clean & Simple! You have until Monday at noon (CMT) to link your card to the CASology blog. 

I am also linking this card up to the Poppystamps Challenge #28 Silent Snowflakes.

0117 copy

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

10 comments:

  1. I love that you chose aqua for your card base...it works perfectly with this gorgeous sparkly snowflake! Stunning card, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Jacquie ! I totally agree, white over aqua is so gorgeous ! Aren't they the colours of Frozen's dress ? It perfectly illustrates the cue word ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous!! That 'glisteny' snowflake is fabulous!! Love it on the aqua-colored base, too. While I'm sure it would look good on white, it really pops against the aqua. Fantastic!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice on the cardstock, Jacquie. It really makes the snowflake glisten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Details I love on this beautiful card--the blue card base, soft white sentiment, and partially adhered snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice with the blue background. Looks amazing with your glitter snowflake. I love how the snowflake points pop up. Nice dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! And your aqua cs works magnificently!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow.. that sparkly snowflake is total eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card design, love your background colour and sparkly snowflake.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Poppystamps this month.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!