Wednesday, October 14, 2015

RIC #93 + CTS#144 + CASology #168: You

I spent a little too much time this week trying to channel my inner Ted Harrison after I saw the bright, colorful dress for Runway Inspired Challenge #93 but my hands and head just weren't in sync and I walked away from my desk for a while. 





Then I saw the wonderful sketch for CAS(E) the Sketch! #144 and started looking at using the RIC colors in a different way.




The CASology Week 168: You challenge helped me decide on which sentiment to use.

A number of Paper Smooches Fresh Snow snowflakes were die cut from watercolor paper and colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brushes. {sigh} I am regretting that I only bought a box of 24 colors and know what will be going on my Christmas list this year.






It you aren't familiar with Ted Harrison, he is a Canadian artist whose distinctive, colorful paintings are instantly recognizable.  Can you see why I thought of him when I saw the Emilio de la Morena dress?


Boat (The), 1986


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

13 comments:

  1. Love this colorful and fun card. I can see exactly where your inspiration came from. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercolour snowflakes are so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about Ted Harrison, I totally see it! I also love the direction you took using the sketch. Such sweet little bright snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally see your inspiration, Jacquie! Thanks for sharing your artistic flair in our CTS gallery!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those cute little snowflakes in the cheerful colours, Jaquie!!!! Such a sweet card!!!!
    Have a lovely day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the similarity Jacquie! I LOVE the tiny colorful snowflakes!
    Great combination of challenges which made for a fabulous card!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology and CTS this week !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on the sketch, Jacquie! Love your colorful snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! What a great combination of challenges! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Jacquie, this is a great card for all of the challenges! I love the colorful take on that cool artist's work, and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fantastic take on the sketch and such a fun way to showcase the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous combo of the challenges, Jacquie! I love those sweet little snowflakes and they are even more awesome watercoloured in those bright and happy colours! Thanks for playing long with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on a winning card, Jacquie. The sentiment with those snowflakes are a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So simple and sweet. And yes, the dress is definitely reminiscent of that artwork! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!