Wednesday, November 12, 2014

MIM#188: Ombre Background + Muse DT Call

I couldn't resist playing a little more with my Memory Box wave stencil and a warm color palette to make another card for the Make It Monday 188: Stamping Ombre Backgrounds challenge from Laura Bassen at Capture the Moment. I know the title is "stamping ombre backgrounds", but the challenge details say only to include at least on Papertrey Ink product and an ombre background, so I think I'm good to go.

This time Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed Distress Inks were blended over the stencil image. The stencil was lifted and shifted many times to ensure the entire panel was inked.




A Wet Paint die is used for the main part of the sentiment, with a stamped sentiment from PTI's Thanks All Ways stamp set finishing it off. The same word stamp is available in the Wet Paint stamp set, but the font spacing was too wide for my inked panel.

I am also entering this card in the Muse Design Team Call that is happening over at the Muse Card Challenge right now. This is one of my favorite challenges and I had the pleasure of Guest Designing earlier in the year. Not only is it fun to see how the Muse design can inspire such different cards, the challenge requires us to actively participate in both commenting and voting for our weekly favorites. 




This month long challenge closes on Dec 11, so there is lots of time fot you to link up a card too. Just as with the weekly challenges, everyone is welcome to cast a vote for the new Designer once the challenge closes.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

18 comments:

  1. Love this, beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORE this LOVELY work of art Jacquie!!!! so BOLD and striking, just like I LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is fabulous! Love the colors and the soft sway of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's possible, I love this one more than yesterdays. Must get that stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this so much! Stunning colors and design. I need this stencil too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacque, this is beautiful. Think I need to check out that stencil, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. I love how you did your background, and the sentiment is perfect how you did it. You would make a fabulous addition to the Muse DT, so I wish you luck with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so stunning! I have that stencil but haven't used it yet! Have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Jacquie!!!! Love that colourful bg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HUGE fan, girl you got my vote!!!! HUGS!!!!! STUNNING is totally correct!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The background on this card is awesome, Jacquie! We need to set up a play date so you can teach this technique to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so gorgeous - you got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!