Friday, April 4, 2014

MIM #158: Stamping with Watercolor Mediums & CFC130: Good Egg & Craft Hoarders Fifth Monday & Muse #61 Guest Designer

I watched Heather Nichols' video tutorial for Make it Monday #158: Stamping with Watercolor Mediums earlier in the week and finally had time to play around today. I've watercolored using watercolor paint, inks and Distress Markers many times, but have never tried this technique with Gelatos until today.




I colored the feather image and used both the spritzing and water brush techniques on a few panels of watercolor paper. I quickly turned my favorite panel into a sympathy card,




I love the color gradient and that some areas are much less defined than others.




I want to replenish my stash of sympathy cards and used the CASual Fridays Challenge #130 to design this next card.





I cut a couple of sizes of ovals out of scrap paper and adhered them to each other and then to the card base. They are offset and frame the stamped sentiment on the card base.




A larger oval is cut first, and then the Aqua Mist panel is embossed and mounted with foam tape over the sentiment.


Over at the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog they have a Fifth Monday Feature, so with 5 Monday's in March there is a Linky Party to share storage ideas (and a random draw for a prize!).




My two favorite storage items are my Expedit bookcases and Raskog card from Ikea. I have a 4x4 Expedit to the left and a 2x4 one behind me when I'm sitting at my desk. I love having everything  within arms reach.




The Raskog cart sits on my right side and holds my most used tools on the top shelf. The middle shelf  holds most of my adhesive and I love spinning it around to easily reach for glue dots, tapes, foam squares or liquid adhesives.




Just a reminder I am the Guest Designer for the Muse Challenge #61 and I would love to see you play along!


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

26 comments:

  1. LOVE that watery feather - that's such a great image for that technique! And I love the mod feel of your oval card, too! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! And I also hope that all your readers will join us at Muse - such a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent the day playing with watercoloring, too. Your's looks beautiful using a feather. I love the second card, too. Ovals within ovals covered by embossed ovals. Wonderful. I have a card ready for Muse. I'd better get posting or I'll miss the deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of those feathers are really pretty! I like your final product and the how the blue looks as the feather. Watercoloring is so fun and produces such beautiful results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that fabulous blue feather, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your feather card is beautiful! Love the blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sympathy card Jacquie. So soft and pretty. I just ordered more gelatos from Amazon. I'm starting to like the watercolor effect more and more these days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That feather stamp is simply gorgeous watercolored, Jacquie!
    PS: Great storage units in your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacquie fabulous cards as always. I have to get that Rascog cart, almost went to IKEA today but ran out of time. Thanks for the glimpse into your space. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cart....I could really put one of those to good use! Thanks for sharing with us over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how soft the feather gets with this technique- it's almost gorgeous enough to make me want to buy this set! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of your cards today. That feather is especially beautiful. Fun workspace you have there, too. Oh, I am so far behind in my blog reader that I did not even know you were guesting at Muse. I will definitely try to play along this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing a peek into your craft space with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have both those storage solutions too! I love that kitchen cart from IKEA. It is so convenient! Thanks for sharing with us at CHACB, and your feather card is gorgeous btw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That feather is amazing Jacquie! I've sadly used all my sympathy cards recently and need to work on my stash too, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the watercoloured feather & your crafty storage looks very organised.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cards! That cart is pretty cool, too! Thanks for sharing with the Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Papertrey Ink gave you a shout out on FB for your feather card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your room with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards. And you know I love that blue cart. Wonderful storage! Want to come over and help me reorganize....ribbon????

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an organized craft space. I love all those bins. Vintage is my style too....playing paper in your space must be awesome! Thanks for linking up with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh I love your feather! So beautifully done! It's funny, I've been wanting a feather stamp, but can't decided which set to get - the trend will be gone by the time I decide!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, that is one stunning feather, Jacquie - perfect for the watercolour technique!! Love it being done in blue!! Really great!!
    Love the second card, as well - great way to layer the ovals!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are great cards! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful job with the sympathy cards. These are so great to have ready to send if you find out you need one. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards, Jacquie! I love how the feathers turned out, and card with the ovals is so clever and creative! Thanks for linking it up to CASual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!