Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Avery Elle October AEI♥U Challenge + Festive Friday #20 + Simon Says Stamp

When I first saw the sketch for the October AEI♥U Challenge at Avery Elle I saw the circle panel as a wreath and couldn't shake that idea.



My original plan was to use the stamps from AE's Rounded Diamonds set to stamp a wreath, but  I started playing with the matching dies. The more I played, the more I liked the idea of using patterned paper die cuts and before you know it I had created the wreath on this card.




The diamond die cuts were attached to a die cut ring base. I adhered all the green ones first to get the spacing even and fit the holly paper ones in between them. The wreath is popped up on the card base with foam adhesive.

A sheer red ribbon bow and sentiment from Oh Happy Day finish off this clean & simple card.




I am also linking this card to the Festive Friday Challenge #20: Wreath and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog Challenge where Anything Goes this week.



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

18 comments:

  1. I love this wreath you made. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very clever! Great interpretation of the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant design ! These shapes look amazing as a wreath.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. clever use of the dies in your pretty wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacquie this is so clever and unique and BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever and creative - love your wreath, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous interpretation of the sketch & LOVE the die-cut wreath Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This unique wreath shines on the kraft paper. Great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love your wreath! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang, Jacquie, this is brilliant! It is simple and clean and I have the ingredients and I'm pinning to CASE coz I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous - what a great idea to use that shape in that way! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is that wreath with the little squares!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those die-cut pieces! Your wreath look so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is NEAT! I love seeing dies used in a creative way - and the 'use what you have' method! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is super clever! Love this design. Thanks for playing along with us in the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely, Jacquie! Love the dimension and the colors!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your wreath card is so cleverly done Jacquie. The card is gorgeous,, I love the red bow.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!