Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #174

I made the right decision staying home and out of the rain yesterday - today the sunshine is back, but baby it is COLD! Cold enough we had to thaw the windshield before heading off this morning. While I wait for it to warm up a bit, I thought I would post one of the birthday cards I made yesterday.




As much as I love clean and simple cards, and really want to master that style, I also love to play with patterned papers.

For this card I used the current sketch from Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.


I went to a few different MFT product for this card. The spinner and a couple of stamps are from Game Night, a couple of stamps from Let's Toast and the birthday sentiment is from ALM Birthday Girl. I also used the Open ZigZag border and Oval Tab die-namics. All the designer paper is from the Carta Bella Traditions paper pad. 




A little Baker's Twine is tied with a key dangling from it. My dear daughter has a lot of friends turning 16 this year, so I did make this hoping she would choose to use it. 

There is a definite trend to much bigger parties this year, with an extended group of friends being invited instead of just their small, core group. Thankfully we haven't seen anything too over the top - for the most part they want to hang out, listen to music and eat. 

thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

2 comments:

  1. What a fun interactive card. I hear you about the weather. Others may think we are wimps, but it is COLD!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!