Friday, December 14, 2012

Make it Monday #95 - Layered Glitter Shapes

I took a break from the Christmas preparations to watch the Make It Monday tutorial at Capture the Moment. This week Heather Nichols presented a fabulous idea for layering glittered die cuts.  I have been frustrated trying to adhere something to a glittered base, so loved her technique!

I took the idea to an extra level, glittering both die cuts that were layered.




I have loved using the Tag Sale #4  die as an ornament on many cards this year and die cut another one today. I also die cut both sizes of the chevron border die.




I followed Heather's instructions and ran the border pieces through my Xyron and then sprinkled glitter over the adhesive side. I then ran my tag through the Xyron and then adhered the glittered chevron pieces to the adhesive side of the tag. White glitter was then sprinkled over the tag and stuck to the remaining exposed adhesive parts of the tag.

This tag has an impressed circle that did not really pick up the Xyron adhesive, so I added a line of Rock Candy Stickles to fill the circle.

A few stray pieces of glitter ended up in the wrong place, but I am amazed that most of it is exactly where I wanted it! A ribbon bow and bells are added and the tag is popped of the Smoky Shadow base with foam adhesive.




The stamped sentiment is from Think Big Favorites #9 and looked a little flat against the glitter. It was too late to heat emboss, so I went to Erin's Make It Monday #94 tip from last week and ran a glue pen over the sentiment. The white glitter adds just the right amount of sparkle.

I LOVE this layered glitter technique - thanks Heather!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by Jacquie! I really appreciate your comment.

    I'm so glad I stopped by! Glitter on top of glitter!!! I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you could take it to the next level and blow it out of the water! That is amazing! And glitter without a mess. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute, is that glitter on glitter I see? Fabulous! Where did you get a purple jingle bell??? Have to have that! Can't choose between the tags, they're all favs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jacquie! I'm so glad I stopped because a) your project is amazing b) I'm going to check out Heather's tutorial ASAP and c) using a glue pen on the setiment is genius!

    Thanks for taking the time to stop by and pass on your congrats! Really appreciate the gesture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous. And, brilliant idea to use that tag sale die as an ornament. Seems so obvious, but I never thought of it. I just love how you have found so many ways to get glitter onto your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea with the glitter on glitter and beautiful colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your glittered ornament looks amazing! A beautiful holiday card indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate falling behind on blogs, but I wanted to let you know I loved this one that was featured at Papertrey!! The colors are stunning, and the bells a perfect touch. Also wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!