Sunday, October 14, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #74 Put Your Heart Into It

I'm getting better at grabbing a few minutes of creative time while waiting for something else to happen. Today, while my dear daughter completes a practice Algebra test, I pulled together this little card for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge to use hearts.


CFC74: Create a Clean And Simple project with a heart



I have used this idea before to add an embellishment on a fussier card, and wanted to see if it could hold its own on a clean and simple card.




Searching through my stash of rhinestone flourishes, I found a swirl that I could use for half the heart. I colored it with a Copic (RV25) marker. I went over the stones a few times, but some definitely took the color better than others - anybody else experienced this before? 

The Hero Arts sentiment was stamped on the card front first and then the colored rhinestone piece was adhered above it. I was really hoping to find "thank you from the bottom of my heart" somewhere in my pile of thank you sentiments, but no such luck.




I played around with the paper flowers to create a bouquet to form the left side of the heart and glued down the flowers when I was happy with the placement.

This card will also be linked to the World Card Making Day Thank You challenge at Moxie Fab World.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

Edited to correct the typos - eek, hate coming back to a post and see them leap out at me :(

Also want to add, all the paper flowers are purchased from Michael's, Wild Orchid Crafts (online) or a local scrapbook store.


11 comments:

  1. Wow! it certainly does hold it's own :0)
    Beautiful design and perfectly CAS too.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card! I love that sweet little gemstone heart! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a stunner, Jacquie! A total winner in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so pretty. What a great idea to have half of the heart made of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so pretty. What a great idea to have half of the heart made of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card!! Its so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful design Jacquie and I think this sentiment is better than a punning one would have been!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Jacquie! I love your paper flowers and their placement is perfect along with the colored bling for the heart. Nice sentiment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb job on the CAS card Jacquie! They are harder I think than cards with a lot of layers, you need just enough to make it look great w/o it looking empty. You did it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just darling! I love the bling and the flowers! SO pretty! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!