Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches #646

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #646!



I can't tell you how happy I am to be back creating! The Memory Box Elegant Shorebird dies were the first thing I thought of when I saw the vertical lines in the amazing Clean Team Designer Cècile Ribon's fabulous sketch this week. 




The circle, of course, is the sun and then I playing with a few ideas for the front flower element before deciding on the Simply Graphic Chapeaux D'été (Summer Hats). The ribbon die cut is replaced with a bit of real sheer ribbon for a little texture.

Before adhering all the die cuts a sweet sentiment from Kerri Bradford's Salt Water Soul stamp set was added to the square panel.



I've being missing from the challenge while battling endometrial cancer and am so happy to be at the end of a very successful treatment plan. The beach has always been my happy place and I've been lucky enough to get a little walk and wave therapy regularly over the last few months (I'm in the middle with my son and visiting sister for this one).



I hope you join in the fun with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



6 comments:

  1. So clever -- I love how you've used these fabulous bird dies with the sketch. And so happy to hear your good news! Beach time and family time are great therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely clean and fresh card, with such a great ocean feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you are back creating, Jacquie - for so many reasons! And what a fabulous card to re-enter the card-making world with! This is so peaceful and a wonderful and clever take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to have you back in the team, Jacquie. And what a fabulous return to card making! These birds and the big sun all make such a clever take on the sketch! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing use of the sketch! This is gorgeous! I love those graceful "shorebirds" against the sun - then the pop of turquoise is so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!