Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #580

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #580!


I have to admit this is not the card I thought I was going to make when I first saw Jen Mitchell's fabulous grid/block design for the sketch this week!  





It was the Ali Edwards Filled Speech Bubble stamp set sitting on my desk for another project that kept distracting me and getting in my head. Once I started playing around with the options, and realized four bubbles nicely created the grid in the sketch, it was time to play with ink colors and figure out the sentiment.

It took a couple tries to realize sticking to different shades of a couple colors was the best way to go for today. The Poppystamps Art Deco Birthday Greetings and Papertrey Ink Zappy Birthday sentiments are selectively stamped into the top two bubbles. A Paper Smooches Digits and Kerri Bradford Willow alphabet stamps provide the rest of the sentiment.




I hope you check out the terrific Clean Team designs and play along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

6 comments:

  1. Love this! What a fun way to interpret this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic card! I love your take on the sketch! Those colours are so fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you fit those word balloons together for the sketch!! So fun and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those speech bubbles are fantastic! What a clever way to interpret the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great take on the sketch! The speech bubbles look fabulous and your colour choices are spot-on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super fun card, Jacquie! I love how you used these speech bubbles to meet the sketch! This is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!