Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #569

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #569!


I'm hosting the challenge this week and created a design that would work for a large sentiment, but, as always it seems, ended up going down a different path.




The MFT Heart Tree die is cut from a white panel, with all the bits and pieces saved, then adhered to a slightly large red panel first. A second tree was cut from red giving me a lot of bits and pieces to put back into the negative areas of the tree. Some have just a white piece, while others are layered with red first, then white. The hearts were layered with white first then red. It was a bit finicky but came out exactly as I hoped.

An MFT All About Dad sentiment is heat embossed in platinum and a few extra leaves used to hide the adhesive and finish the design.


I'm excited to see what you create with the sketch this week! Check out the amazing Clean Team designs and play along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


6 comments:

  1. I love that tree die cut!! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the rich red peeking out from the diecut, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absoluty gorgeous card 🤩🤩👏
    Happy day

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Jacquie! I can't believe you pieced that tree back together! I would have lost my marble. So perfect for Valentine's Day! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sweet Valentine tree! And you have a lot of patience! Fun sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This heart tree is just gorgeous and the sentiment works perfectly! Thanks for a great sketch, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!