Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #561

 Welcome to Freshly Made Sketches #561!


I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the overlapping rectangles in designer Linda Callahan's sweet sketch for this week so took a quick flip through my Christmas stamps and dies. The Greetery Bake It Merry set immediately caught my eye and the rectangles became a couple cookie sheets.

The cookies and sentiment pieces are cut from cream cardstock and frosted with Nuvo drops to mimic royal icing. While these pieces were drying, the silver metallic and vellum scalloped edge rectangles were die cut to make the parchment paper covered cookie sheets.




I strayed a bit from the sketch as my cookie sheets really wanted to sit slightly tilted. The design didn't feel finished until I added a few extra unfrosted cookies.




Check out the Clean Team's fantastic cards this week and play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


 


5 comments:

  1. Okay this card is just fabulous! I love those cookies! They look delicious enough to eat! This card is just perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a genius! This is adorable and then some - love the festive frosting! You rocked the sketch my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect idea for the sketch! This is adorable, and those cookies look like you used real frosting - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just as cute as can be! And those cookie sheets are brilliant for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so clever and cute! Your use of Nuvo drops for the icing is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!