Saturday, August 19, 2017

Muse #229 + Memory Box: Go With the Flow + Seize the Birthday + SSS: Add a Sentiment

I was happy to have some crafting time today and created a card that fits four challenges. My first inspiration is Tracey's pretty card for Muse #229 and making it an undersea design with my octopus die fits Memory Box: Go With the Flow. Making it a birthday card fits both Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes and the Wednesday Challenge Blog at Simon Says Stamp where Add a Sentiment is the challenge.




I'm trying to love my Oxide Distress Inks, but just don't feel the colors are as vibrant as Distress Inks. Owen the Octopus is cut from an Oxide Ink panel that was sprinkled with water, but I redid the balloons with Distress Inks. The strings for the balloons are extra octopus arms - I'm happy with the way this experiment worked!




A few raindrops add interest and the Paper Smooches sentiment finishes off this card.


  Challaug2016

  


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

SaveSave

7 comments:

  1. Haha! I thought your octopus was another balloon - love how he can camoflage himself like that! As for your experience with Oxides vs Regular, I remade a card the other day for the exact same reason. I love the vibrancy of the originals! I also find the Oxides 'goopier' and I end up with smudges a lot. I guess I need to keep practicing! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie, your octopus may not be as vibrant as he could be in your opinion but he still steals the show. Such a fun fun take on Muse. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative Jacquie to use the arms of the octopus for your balloon tails! I think this card looks amazing! Thanks for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That purple octopi is just too darn cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is a sentiment for that little guy... "I just can't wait to get my arms around you!" Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! Such a sweet image! Love this! Too cute!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely brilliant design idea. Your card made me smile. Thank you so much for participating in this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!