Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink August 2015 Blog Hop

For the August 2015 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop, Nichole Heady gave us this gorgeous inspiration photo to start the creative cogs turning and before I knew it, I had two cards to share.

Blog-hop-logo

August Blog Hop Inspiration


For me, it was the warm color rainbow that jumped out of the photo. Loving this palette, I  inked a white cardstock panel with shades of yellow, orange, pink and red before diecutting it with the Cover Plate: Waves die. The frame portion of the diecut was used as a stencil/guide to adhere the pieces to a white card base.




A Scripted die and stamp are paired to create the sentiment on the largest inked piece.




I didn't have any plans to make a card with the leftover frame part of die cut, but it sat on my desk staring at me for a couple of days and the wheels kept turning in my head. When rotated to a vertical orientation, the lines reminded me of the long ropes of wool drying in the inspiration photo. I decided to experiment with making a shaker card divided into sections based on the wavy lines.




After adhereing a transparency to the inked frame, a second diecut was cut from fun foam. Not all the long wavy pieces were needed, so a few were clipped off where they met the frame, leaving three main sections to fill with microbeads & confetti that reinforced the colors of that section.




It is easy to see from the side angle where the fun foam lines block the beads from moving between the different sections. Some of the smaller enclosed spaces have a few beads as well. The celebrate die cut is adhered at the point where the wavy lines are closest, give the impression that the sentiment is pulling the lines together.

The card on the left came out exactly the way I pictured it in my head after seeing the inspiration photo and the card on the right is a really happy accident. It took me a few days to admit it is the one I like more :)




I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else was inspired this month!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



38 comments:

  1. WOW! Really creative and cool concept! Love your cards! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I don't say this wrong because your first card is drop dead gorgeous! But the leftover second is spectacular! Love the beads inside, so rich and wonderful. Love also, how the cover plate inspired you. Like yarn drying in the sun! Beautiful work, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of your cards Jacquie! I love the CAS look to your first card and will definitely have to get this die out and try one like this...my mind only thought "blue" for this die, and I just love how you did this! And your leftover card...WOW...absolute perfection!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! They are both wonderful, but I agree I love the shaker card more. It makes it seem that the yarn is waving in the breeze to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waves is *perfect* for this photo! And that shaker card is AMAZING. Totally amazing. Both cards are wonderful takes on the inspiration. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards!! love the use of pos and neg!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness, these are incredible! Such vibrant use of color and so creative with the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if winners were picked on merit, you would win by a mile with these extraordinary cards, Jacquie! I recently got that waves die and was wondering how it would look watercolored or sponged and now I know: brilliant! I'll be CASEing this then! And your shaker card defies speech!! Pinning!! Enjoy the hop! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, wow! I love that you caught the 'stringiness' (not a nice word, but I mean it in the best way! lol!) of the inspiration with your waves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing cards and thanks for the inspiration to use the cover plates in different ways !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing and stunning! WOW! You nailed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both your cards! I always have a hard time throwing away the frame of a coverplate too - LOVE how you made it into a shaker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm stunned! Amazing cards, Jacquie. So much over-the-top creativity in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the inspiration, your cards are so clever and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool!! I love that you used the positive and the negative of that die. Stunning design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing projects!!!! Love them so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of your cards are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jaw on the flooor! That color pallette is stunning. Your innovation continues to astound me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both so gorgeous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jacquie both cards are just outstanding!!! PTI will adore that shaker card, I know I sure do!!! Amazing!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, Jacquie, these cards are incredible. Now I want/need that wave die even though I know anything I create won't even come close to the beauty of yours. Fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colors in your card--very nice duplication of the dyed wool colors. Both cards just wow me, but the shaker card is one that I would love to receive. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards are fabulous! Such bright warm colors and wonderful creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Love them both! That shaker card is so pretty, and what a great use for the rest of the die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow seems to be the comment of choice and I concur! The shaker card takes the inspiration photo and nails it solid!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These two cards are genius, Jacquie! Both totally interpret that yard photo perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply BEAUTIFUL!! =) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Colors and the Designs!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The choker card is certainly a wonderful card. Love the way it looks vertically.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such fun cards! What a great choice to use the Waves cover plate.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Impressive that shaker card !!!
    I wonder how you made it like this ?
    Ineke XX

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm so glad that cut kept saying "use me" because your second card is even more fabulous than the first, which is really saying something, Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are both just WOW, Jacquie!!! Love that happy accident shaker!!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!