Saturday, April 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink April 2015 Blog Hop

I'm sure I'm not the only one doing a double take at the calendar and wondering where the first third of the year has gone. It is time for the monthly Papertrey Ink Blog Hop and this time around we have this gorgeous photo to inspire us.

Blog-hop-logo

Blog hop inspiration


There are so many elements to take from this photo and I concentrated on the beautful flowers in the Hobnail milk glass vase first, using the trio of roses from The Sweet Life and Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz inks. Part of the sentiment is stamped and heat embossed on the striped vellum paper before the die cut from Swoosh finishes it off.




A Wink of Stella adds a little glitter to the roses and the birthday die cut.




I know there is always a lot to see on the Blog Hop and I'll be commenting between soccer games and art festivals today.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

22 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Jacquie. I love the vellum background and the texture on the vase. The subtle sparkle is a great finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Jacquie. I saw the hobnail, too, so wait til you see my card. Different but similar. The roses are gorgeous and so is the "swoosh".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Great idea to use the striped vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite set! I love the look of the milk glass vase! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! We both spied that lovely white vase and duplicated it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your happy little bouquet of blooms in the hobnail vase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Jacquie! Love that set...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card Jacquie, so beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty card - love the vellum and the vase

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Jacquie! I love the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacquie, your card is gorgeous! Love the Hobnail Milkglass vase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, Jacquie! And love your interpretation and how you added wink of stella goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. Love how you caught the details on the glass holding the flowers. And, chalk another one up for the Sweet Life roses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Jacquie, and your vase definitely looks like milk glass. Sweet Life was about as popular as stripes for this challenge. Love all the goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Jacquie! Love your milk glass vase and those gorgeous bright and bold flowers...they really pop against your striped background! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. Your flowers are stunning. Love the vase.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply stunning, Jacquie!!! Your roses are beautiful!!! Such a lovely card!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great take on the challenge! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! I just love the hobnail embossed vase! Those stripes are a wonderful background!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!