Saturday, January 17, 2015

Muse #100 + Virginia's View #11 Clean Slate

I have all sorts of Valentine bits and pieces sitting on the desk as I struggled to put the design in my head onto paper this week. In the end, a happy accident brought me to this card that I am entering in the Muse Challenge #100, where the talented Michele makes her debut as a Design Team member, and Virginia's View #11: Clean Slate.




As Michele had challenged us to "Accentuate the Negative", I was playing with layers of heart die cuts but things weren't lining up as perfectly as I wanted. I started to tidy my desk a bit and uncovered the leftover center of a die cut where I'd used the outer frame on this card

Jennifer McGuire had recently posted a video on making Faux Laser Cut cards and when I realized this center portion would fit perfectly behind my heart, I was thrilled.




The second part of Michele's challenge was to use a line from a song as a sentiment, which I struggled with. I kept getting lyrics in my head that I didn't have a stamp for and I didn't want to send my finished panel through the computer. Addicted to Love was the song stuck in my head and I don't know any stamp company with an "addicted" stamp :)




After looking at the options, this Avery Elle sentiment fit the card best.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! Card #2 look very much like one I've got in my head! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity shined on you today, Jacquie. That die cut behind the heart is perfect. I struggled with a sentiment for a while too, but finally came up with something. You'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this packs a beautiful punch Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Jacquie - I love your beautiful heart! I am also loving this great technique from Jennifer - they are so fun to make! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, Jacquie... "there, I've said it again" comes to mind when I read your sentiment... I'll be trying out that JMcG technique one day soon! Thanks so much for playing cards with us this week!!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWOON!! The delicate die and striking color combo--wow! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really!!!! took my breath away Jacquie!
    AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Jacquie! Stunning and oh so elegant.
    Addicted to Love...great song 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful, Jacquie...that technique WAS perfect for your heart, LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful- love the laser cut look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love that delicate die-cut inside the heart, Jacquie!!! Beautiful, and the perfect sentiment!!!

    Have a lovely week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous - love how delicate the red die cut piece is! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome work as usual, Jacquie ~ simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Such beautiful intricacy inside the heart gets beautifully displayed in your clean design! Thanks for sharing!
    Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful Jacquie! LOVE the red 'lace' behind your heart cut-out. I think you've got a winner here!! Really really pretty. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is simply stunning. The color scheme and that detailed die behind the heart--it all works together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the heart cut out and that stamp is on my want it list! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!