Saturday, September 27, 2014

Muse #86 + Seize the Birthday + Simon Says

Anita Bowden is the Guest Designer for Muse #86 and has provided this beautiful birthday card for our inspiration.

  

I love the color palette, the vellum sentiment banner, the lovely, scripty happy die along with the floral stamped circle. All these soft, feminine elements were shifted to the masculine side for my card. 

The palette is almost the same, although my colors are a little more intense, and the floral stamped circle is replaced by sketchy circles stamped on the card base.




A white panel is cut in two and the MFT  happy die adhered to one side. A thin strip of green cardstock edges the lower white panel that is stamped with a clean & simple birthday sentiment.




These white sentiment panels are popped up over the stamped portion of the card base.

I am also entering this card over at Seize the Birthday in the Anything Goes category and at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Simon Says . . . Anything Goes this week.



Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


I hope you are up to something fun today. I was lucky enough to get in some crafting time before our soccer game today while my dear husband is finally on his way to Chicago. Their flight was delayed before being cancelled late yesterday and today's flight was also delayed a few hours.

My son and I are now off to go sock shopping. Yes, socks are a thing for teen boys to shop for right these days :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

19 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the wonderful design of this and the pretty color combo. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the great design of your card and your colours look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Jackie! So fresh and fabulous... great take on the Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card !!! Love the colours and the mix of die cuts, stamps and enamel buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what great vision you had to take elements from my card and create this fantastic masculine card! So clever. Thanks for joining in at Muse, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - clean, graphic, bouncy and fun! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the CAS look of this, Jacquie!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dimension here, and the very clean look of the fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great graphic card - loving the colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very clean crisp card Jacquie, love the colours and those little enamel dots.
    FYI- Brusho is a concentrated crystallized ink which can be brought to life with the addition of water as an ink or the dry powder can be spritzed to bring out the amazing colours. I used it on this card as well. http://handcraftedbyjules.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/holidays-atsm-113.html. if you are interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun graphic design, Love it Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card!!! I sure hope that you join me as my Guest Premiere at MUSE!! Would be overjoyed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Had no idea about socks and boys. The things we 'girl moms' don't know. This is such a fantastic interpretation of the muse and a fabulous card design. Pinning to make this one myself sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH...love the sketchy circles! Love your use of color and dimension. Stunning!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fabulous cards, I especially love the colours in the first one.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy from cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOO! I love the clean and simple layout with the bright bursts of ink! So cheerful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! I love how you interpreted the muse. Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!