Friday, June 7, 2013

Paper Smooches + Tuesday Trigger + Retrosketches + Make It Monday

I had a very productive time in the office this morning.

First up is a card I made for the Paper Smooches Spark Trend Watch challenge to be inspired by this collage of photos and use gold on a project.



I pulled out the gold glitter embossing powder and some shimmer cardstock to make this card.




I did try to stamp & emboss on a white shimmer star, but the embossing powder was not co-operating, so I ended up using regular cardstock for the center star.




The embossing powder worked just fine on the vellum banner that finishes off the sentiment.


Next up are a couple of cards for this week's Tuesday Trigger: All Sweetness & Light at Moxie Fab World. Cath has done it again with an amazing inspiration photo. I'd LOVE to have this bedding in my room, but I think it is a little too feminine for my husband.







I was inspired by the colors, the font on the "A" on the nightstand and the white pompoms on the duvet cover. 




The design of this card came from this week's retrosketch.



Because I used the negative of my letter die cut on this card, I had the word "thank" sitting on my desk begging to be used, so I made another quick card for the Tuesday Trigger.




Once again, the colors are a big part of the inspiration, but on this card I embossed the main panel to mimic the colorful quilt in the photo.

With a number of scraps on my desk and a graduation party to attend this weekend, I couldn't help making another card for the Make It Monday: Flagged Borders challenge from Dawn McVey at Capture the Moment.




The sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set and the flags are cut with the Sketched Shapes dies.




I hope you were able to have some creative fun today!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

30 comments:

  1. So many fabulous cards, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness--you had such a productive day. I love all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! LOTS of BEAUTIFUL cards!!! LOVE the star and beautiful color combo - and each of these other gorgeous cards! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacque, these are all fab cards. Came here through MFW, and am amazed at your versatile ability. You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I've found so much creativity in your site, arriving here from your darling entry at PS. LOVE what you've showcased here - especially the flag border card! (I don't have PTI products...yet). I'm definitely planning to spend some time wandering through your other beauties! Hope you're having a terrific Saturday.
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the one with all the little flag banners the best! That one is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your cards are amazing. The chevron card caught my eye, but when I saw the MIM one, I was in love with that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My, Jacquie, you have created a bunch of beautiful cards here :-) Each one is perfect for all the challenges you entered them in. Really lovin' the MIM/MFW-TT entries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your MIM card is so cheerful! Great selection of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! AMAZING Card!! ILOVE the SSIMPLE but Classy Design!! Such a Great take on the Gold Challenge!! THANKS for joining us over on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and have a Fabulous Week!! =)
    P.S LOVE all of your other challenge Cards too!! Especially the Flag One!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just beautiful! I love how you embossed on the vellum:) I am so glad that you played along with The Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the cards on this post. The two for the Moxie Fab challenge are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your cards are so pretty. Love them ALL!! and all the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your cards are just gorgeous! I LOVE the first one for Paper Smooches... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow all fabulous cards! Ithx for your message. I only have my iphone & had trouble getting photo. I can see it on my phone- hopefully i'll get home in time to fix it

    ReplyDelete
  16. How could anyone not have creative fun after seeing all these INCREDIBLE inspiration cards, Jacquie?! I am gobsmacked at your amazing talent and flawless execution! These are all keepers and winners in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of beautiful cards Jacquie. Your trigger cards are both gorgeous. I love the mix of die cut fonts and the pom-poms on the first one, and the colors you have used on the embossed chevron card are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jacquie each post on your blog is just GORGEOUS!!!! I love them all! Especially the flagged banner card out of the simple stories papers! Loving those Vintage Bliss papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards! You did an amazing job with the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful card, i love the touch of pom poms! congrats on being a trigger target!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. My you have been a busy lady making all those beautiful cards! I really love them all. Congrats on being a TT winner on your 2nd card. Love the pp paper and the white pom poms.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All your cards are fabulous!!! Congrats on being a Trigger Target!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I totally didn't notice the pom poms until you said something. Great card that truly interprets the trigger. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are Moxie Fab on your Tuesday Trigger!!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jacquie! Wow, what a large collection of beautiful cards! So excited to see your name in the Tuesday Target winner list!! I didn't even see the A on the nightstand until you pointed it out. Those pom-poms are super-sweet. Just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous group of cards, not the least of which is your TT winner!

    ReplyDelete
  28. FYI-- you are AMAMAMAMAMAMAMZING! I love love love these cards! I love that PSS card-- love the colors and gold embossing! I also love the designs and papers for your other cards! GOOOOOOODNESS-- this post is filled with inspiration! FAB! THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Trend Watch challenge! Hope you stop by and join in the fun this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Popping back to congratulate you on the well-deserved win from retrosketches, Jacquie!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great job. Well deserved TT win! All your creations are gorgeous! Glad.i popped by. What inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!