Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Make it Monday #99: Repeats & Rainbows

I will admit I hoard my Papertrey Ink cardstock scraps, so had quite a few pieces to work with when I saw the Make It Monday #99: Repeats & Rainbows challenge to use one of the 6 rainbow color schemes Nichole Heady created, along with a repeated die cut or stamped image on a card. The link will take you to all the color schemes and a tutotrial on Nichole's blog.

For this card, I used color scheme 5.

Rainbow-Scheme-5




Each color is cut with the thicker chevron border die and adhered to form a rainbow block of color. 

I love versatile sentiments - this card could be use for a graduation, new job, retirement or any reason for a celebration, including a birthday. This sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Bash Sentiments and inked with Memento Espresso Truffle ink. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie





8 comments:

  1. Your chevron design against the white looks fabulous! What a colorful and upbeat card, and a great way to use scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chevron rainbow, and the fact that this card could be handy for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for coming over today! You and the gang were a HUGE help to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card.
    I agree that this technique is great for using our "scraps".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chevrons Jacquie! a great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, Jacquie! Now I need to add the chevron dies to my wishlist. Does it ever end????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on the challenge-love the trendy chevron border dies used like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you stacked the chevrons. Such a dynamic card. Colorful, and simple, yet stunning.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!