Friday, May 25, 2012

PTI May Blog Hop Challenge

Hi & welcome to the PTI May Blog Hop Challenge!

Papertrey Ink is one of my favorite sources for incredible stamp sets and dies and general inspiration. The challenge this month is to use this photo for inspiration and focus on black & white patterns along with the delicious pop of green.


Blog hop inspiration 

I picked up a great paper pad from Canva Corp a few weeks ago - it is full of black & white patterned paper. Partnering this with a scrap of green paper from the MME Lime Twist Life of the Party pad and one of my favorite musical note papers from Echo Park's Victoria Garden paper pad gave me the base for my card.


Just a second - isn't that 3 different patterned papers? Hmmm, I could enter this card in the PTI Make It Monday challenge {grin}!




I decided to emphasize the angles of the harlequin pattern by cutting along the black edge. The green paper was edged using a chevron die.



Two sizes of pearls from my stash embellish the edges of the paper.


I used the boxy banner from the PTI Banner Builder die collection and a stamped with a sentiment from the Mega Mixed Messages stamp set to create a sentiment tag.


The tag is adhered to a black circle paper clip that is wound into the baker's twine from the MME Lime Twist collection - glue dots hold them in place.


My zipper die has been used so often since I picked it up as soon as it was released, and will hide a gift card on this thank you card.


Because it was a little hard to see the zipper on this paper, I carefully folded the die cut and inked along the edge.




Thanks for stopping by and please poke around and see what else I have been up to,


Jacquie



13 comments:

  1. Great mix of patterns and I love how you used the Chevron die to edge the green paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the papers you use , the music the most. very creative card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super! I love the mix of patterns you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super! I love the mix of patterns you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! Love the chevron die and the harlequin paper and the music!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Love all the patterns and the little banner tag with the clip is precious! And the inside is wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful details Jacquie!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, I love the argyle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mix of patterns and just lovely inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card - and all the others on your blog - great cards, great idaes. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantatic! My favorite so far!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card. Love how you cut the argyle to accentuate it. All the other elements are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!