Sunday, April 1, 2012

chase your dreams

I did carve out some time today to work on a card for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.

This is the current sketch:

                      

And my card:


All the designer papers are from the Simple Stories Year.O.Graphy 6x6 paper pad. This card may or may not be used for a nephew's graduation later in the spring, so I wanted to keep a bit more of a masculine feel and went with the circle & star combination instead of a more feminine doily-type diecut circle that is in the orginal sketch.

I liked the way the card looked without any additional sentiment, so left off the small rectangle element on the right side of the sketch - this also let me show off more of the star.

The quote and die cut are from the My Favorite Things Vertical Greetings & Stamp Set.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

2 comments:

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!