Wednesday, January 25, 2012

cards under pressure

I had the kids make cards for YiaYia on Monday, so was under pressure to get my card done and all of them in the mail for her birthday early next week.












It always takes a bit to decide what paper to use, but in the end I was happy with the results.


For those that know me, please note there are TWO different trims on the card - yes, I am determined to use the ribbon & trim I collect!


The lighting is terrible - I should have waited until morning to take the pictures, but by then the card was signed, the envelope sealed and waiting for a drop off at the post office.






Following the lead of my talented friends, I now finish off the inside of my cards.

One of my goals this year is to be more accountable for my time. I love making cards and too often find myself thinking about making a card until it is too late to get one in the mail on time. I hope challenging myself to participate in the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club at Splitcoast Stampers this year will help me develop the stockpile of ready cards that I need.

This is my entry for sketch 56 (posted today).


The plan was to do another birthday card (that does need to get in the mail this week), but after hearing the sad news that the father of a dear friend passed away this morning, I switched gears to a sympathy card. The sentiment stamp is one of my oldest and a real favorite.


In other news, I have a new can of colonial red spray paint and will be finishing off my painting project tomorrow if the weather holds - it was gloriously warm this afternoon and the windows are wide open. My spray area is a little muddy and needs to dry out before I head outside to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!