Saturday, September 20, 2014

CASE Study #209 + NBUS #2

I'm a huge fan of Debby Hughes and was happy when it was announced she was the Muse at the CASE Study challenge for September. I'm not so happy that it is the third week of her tenure and I am only now finding the time to play along.

This is the card to inspire us for CASE Study Challenge #209. The Design Team has really outdone themselves with their creations and I encourage you to check them out.



Unfortunately, I need to replenish my supply of sympathy cards. It seems we have reached the age where many of our friends are losing one or both parents. The feathers and vellum sentiment panel of Debby's card, along with the soft palette, seemed perfect for a sympathy card.




The wreath was cut the other day to make a guide to line up the stamped image for the die cut on this card. Usually extra pieces like this sit in a basket on my desk for months before they get used, but I thought the black wreath was fitting for this card.




I admit to owning a few feathers dies, but they are all unique shapes so I just can't help myself. 

This Fluffy Feather from Poppy Stamps was picked up during my summer road trip and the Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink has been sitting around, unopened, even longer. With the delightful Darnell from djkardkreations reaching another Follower milestone, she is hosting NBUS Challenge #2. NBUS, of course, is our Never Been Used Schtuff that can get lost in our creative space. I love the whole concept of this challenge and am entering for the third and final time. I'd keep entering, but there are rules :)


Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)


I just have to share how my 15 year old son made my day last weekend when he was picking out a birthday card for a friend. He had his top two picked out and I told him to take whichever one he wanted. "Even this one mom? It's so good, don't you want to keep it?" LOL 

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

7 comments:

  1. Ah, man, you killed me with that last paragraph, Jacquie. Now I'm all misty-eyed! And at 15, no less, what a great kid!! And what a great sympathy card this is. That black wreath with the white feathers and the soft overlay of vellum ... all the elements work so well together to make a moving card that will be very meaningful for the recipient. Thanks so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge!! I really appreciate the kind words!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a great sympathie card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Jacquie! I love the clean and crisp lines on this card. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I forgot to add... I love your son's comment! I love it when our kids think our cards are awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love this design as a sympathy card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!