Sunday, August 10, 2014

Muse #79 & CASE Study 4th Anniversary + CASology #107 + My Summer Vacation

Since we last spoke, the kids & I have driven over 3,000 miles up and down the I5 and, with the exception of 250 or so miles between Grapevine and Tracy CA, it is a beautiful drive.

Not much crafting was done, but I did get in a little shopping. Did you think it was just coincidence that we were in Tukwila, home of Impress Rubber Stamps, at lunch time on Day 3? While the kids ate, I tried to get through the store and made it about halfway before my daughter came in to let me know they were ready to go :)




A couple of days later we picked my husband up at the Victoria Airport and headed to a friend's cabin for a little fun. I was shocked to see Stef wakeboarding - he had a hip replacement 3 years ago and has been very careful about any impact activity since then. He laughed and said he completely "forgot" he shouldn't be doing it.





We then headed to Vancouver to see more family & friends, and made stop at Granville Island. Both Stef & I love to poke around Opus Art Supplies and I was super excited to discover that I'm Impressed has expanded to a full blown store (instead of sharing a tiny space with the Canada Post Office). I was in Memory Box die overload!





The last leg of the trip had us back in Victoria for an annual family tennis tournament (boys against the girls was the theme this year) before dropping Stef at the airport and hitting the road to head home. Washington friends had our attention heading north, so we stopped for visits & adventures in Oregon on the way south.

We arrived home just in time for my son's school registration and are now enjoying the last few days of summer break. After 8 years, I still have trouble with the idea of school starting before Labor Day.

I'm finally catching up on blogs & challenges and spent a little time in the office today, so do have a couple of cards to share. This first one is inspired by Laura Bassen's card on the CASE Study 4th Anniversary Blog Hop. I ♥︎ Laura's rainbow of color and CAS design.


CASE Study 4th Anniversary
CASE Study~4th Anniversary Hop


The SSS Hello mask was taped down and Distress Inks carefully blended over it to make the rainbow stripes.




This loosely striped rainbow card is also being entered in the CASology Week 107 challenge: Stripe.



Vicki Dutcher's card caught my eye at the Muse Challenge #79 with the dots of color and clean outline stamped images.




I blotted alcohol inks onto white cardstock and die cut the flower and leaves to embellish a tag before mounting it on a white card base.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie




17 comments:

  1. Awesome CASEs of both Vicki and Laura and their stunning cards, Jacquie! Having a few days off certainly didn't dent your talent one little bit!! Thank you for sharing your fun vacation photos, especially those brick and mortar rubber stamp stores. Those are rare and beautiful sights!! I hope the next time you are whizzing through Tracy, you swing over to the Playhouse! You were only 15 minutes away, darn! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I am 40 minutes from impress!!!! You were so close!!!! I'm drooling over the other place you visited!!! Love your CASE of Laura B!!! Wonderful stripe for CASology, and gorgeous bloom for the Muse!!!

    Glad your travels have been fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two super gorgeous cards! LOVE your bright CAS style! Glad you had fun craft shopping, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards! Love them both! Thanks for sharing your shopping pics too! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards...love the colors on both...so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading your blog post. I work in a school and for the past few years, we started before Labor Day which just does not seem right here in the Northeast. This year we start 9/4. Much better! Anyway, your cards are both fantastic. I love the bright rainbow stripes, and the masking is terrific. Love the effect of the die cuts from alcohol inked paper on your second card. Such a bold presentation and wonderful take on the Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards!, too funny I also am traveling and I too stopped at
    Impress!!! We headed to lake chelan small world or what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops forgot to say thanks for joining in at muse!

      Delete
  8. JEALOUS! I'd love to go to Impress some day! Love your take on VIcki's Muse - very creative - and also your case of Laura's card (which I believe is going to be the most-cased card in card history)! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacquie, this is such a pretty wash of rainbow stripes! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these die cuts! What a beautiful way to use this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jacquie!! First that is an awesome craft store you were visiting. Its so nice and big. Wow!! Second your vacation pics are beautiful!! Now on to your cards. Both of them look great. I love all of the colors are amazing. I love your flower on your muse card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great take on Vicki's MUSE card! I was happy to vote for you and happy to see your were one of the Winners today! Congrats! This is a beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your trip sounded fantastic, and it's good to see you posting cards again. Two beauties today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vacation and b&m store! Sounds heavenly to me!! Two really gorgeous cards. Love how you're always so creative with color. Congrats on the Muse win too; well done and well deserved. The frame on your first one is a great idea..it seems to hug your sentiment and those bright colors. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE! Your rainbow card is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jacquie, your cards are amazing! And the story of your travels is wonderful! I felt like I was right there with you!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!