Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June Guest Designer CASE Study #197 + NBUS + Seize the Birthday

I'm back with my final card as the June Guest Designer at the CASE Study Challenge. This is the final week with the super talented Pamela Ho as the Muse, giving us this stunning card for Case Study #197.



I love the symmetry of the repeated stamped image, the vellum overlay and the the clever use of color. I went in circles coming up with my twist on this design - yes, the pun is intended :) 

In the end, when I gave up on the idea of symmetry but stuck with circles, the card came together super fast. A white panel is cut with the largest sizes of the PTI Tipped Tops dies first and then the right angle of the panel is lined up with the right angle of the second die, so just a piece on the angled side is cut off.




The largest Circle Scribbles stamp is inked with Versafine Onyx Black and stamped in the corner of the panel, overlapping both pieces. The image is rotated a bit and stamped again.

The small piece of the white panel is adhered to the card base and a piece of waxed linen thread inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink is wrapped and adhered to mimic the circle scribble.




Random circles of linen thread and yellow jute are adhered to the larger white panel and a sentiment from the PTI Splat stamp set popped up over them before this panel is popped up on the card base.

Since this is the first time using these stamp sets, I am linking up to Darnell's NBUS challenge which has been going on all month. You are being given fair warning, drink with caution when reading Darnell's delightful posts - you may be wiping off the computer screen before you are done :) 




I am also linking to the current Seize the Birthday challenge, where Anything Goes!




I want to give a huge "thank you" to Iwona Palamountain for inviting me to create along with the CASE Study Design Team this month - I had a blast!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie




12 comments:

  1. Iwona was so lucky to have you, Jacquie, you did a brilliant job as the June Guest Designer for CASE Study!! This card made ME sputter all over my monitor! I was leaning in and squinting at your circles, but then no need as I scrolled further down and you included that awesome closeup, thank you, so it all became clear! You are a designer. Plain and simple. Well, you are an excellent card artist, too, but I mean all good card artists don't have a talent for design. That's why we need inspiration like this. This is genius!

    Thank you for playing along with my NBUS Challenge, posting my button, and for your kind words! I appreciate it very, very much!! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! I am so wishing and mad at myself for not ordering these dies when they first came out.
    Your card makes me want them more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool!!! I'll bet it was really fun to be GD at Case Study. Very, very cool card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very cool and so fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool Jacquie! Love the design!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, fabulous!! I love how the different threads emphasise the grungy circle sentiment! Thanks much for joining us at Seize The Birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card! I love the colored threads! Now I need more waxed linen thread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacquie - this is one amazing card! Cool with those multi colored threads and the layers! Congrats on your GDT spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colorful string! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a truly unique design, Jacquie. The mix of stamped and real thread is brilliant! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that I've pinned this fantastic card, I need to say how genius it is. I love it and have the stamps and dies, so I need to CASE it ASAP. Somehow I missed your guest design status so I'm going backwards through your posts.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!